Thursday, November 13, 2003

The little girl who lived downstairs

I find that I can not write this story in my usual vivid style, but I want it told because it speaks volumes about the "protect the children, adults can fend for themselves" mentality of my neighborhood. So here's the story in it's more concise form:

The downstairs neighbors had 4 children, 3 girls and a boy. The youngest girl was 5 years old when she disappeared from the yard. She was found wandering down our street several hours later, in shock. The heroin dealer who lived by Tower Grove park had swiped her, violated her, and left her to find her own way home. The little girl who lived downstairs had some great uncles. They took care of the matter. The heroin dealer does not sell drugs anymore. His body was pulled out of the Mississippi River. The cops never bothered to look for his murderers, and I'm glad.

No comments: