Tuesday, February 03, 2004

It's been a while

First off, THANK YOU to everyone who has and/or will vote for "The Race War That Wasn't" in BlogMadness. It's gone up against some pretty well known authors, and it's still in the running! Thank you for voting in the spirit of the competition, for voting for the entry you deem best; whether it's mine or someone else's.

Secondly, I apologize for not writing anything recently. I've written all the easy stories; the ones that I've relived often enough in my dreams. Now I'm working on the harder stuff. The tale of the 9 year old prostitute, the times the pervs grabbed me or someone else, the drug dealers, and the ever present violence. Sometimes I wonder why I began this project. Then I remember my friend A, laughing over "And I'm Keeping Your Stick, Too!" and saying in all seriousness, "You should write a book."
Yeah, that's why. To tell the stories that never get told.

No comments: